Login to your account

Thread: 【魂胆】┊ KONTAN ・ interestthread

【魂胆】┊ KONTAN ・ interestthread

. Synopsis : The city of Agito is famed for three things: nightlight, dumpling soup, and gangs.

The premise is simple: The gangs are fighting for control of the city and the new police task force isn't planning to just hand the city over on a silver platter.

Genre: Action, Crime, Mystery

. Features : The various aspects of the game.

At the start of the role-play, there will be twenty-five playable characters. More characters will be added to the roster periodically.

All characters will be assigned a nonnegotiable stat-table and an ability category. There will be three ability categories: Vividus, Animus, and Meditor. The labels only outline the limits of the categories, but does not assign an actual, concrete skill.

The game will use a rudimentary dice-system to determine all of its fighting sequences. The system will be similar to this, but will be expanded to account for character stats.

In addition to a battle-stytem, the role-play will have an active leveling-system. After every battle and episode, characters, that are not dead, will be rewarded with EXP. There are only a total of twelve levels.

Characters can and will die. When a character dies, the killer (or killers) can loot the body for weapons and/or special items.

The game has a chatroom. The chatroom is accessible by all of the characters. The progression of the chatroom can (and will) have a real affect on the storyline. Players are advised to use the chatroom as frequently as possible. However, there is a caveat: Characters cannot access the chatroom unless they are at a computer or on their cellphones.

Players can greatly influence the story without ever having to plot (the burden of movement is placed more heavily on me). The story is driven by global missions and private missions. However, players are highly encouraged to work together to create events or situations.

Profiles will look like this. And applications will look like this.

The game has a slightly futuristic setting.

The game is slated to be an intermediate to advance role-play. For a reference, please look here.

. Extras : Questions? Comments? Interested?

Feel free to ask questions about the game. Or, if you don't have any questions, feel free to express any interest for the game!

Estimated Release Date: Unknown / To Be Announced

Last edited by joonsexual; 03-31-2013 at 04:10 PM.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

Humble Farmer With a Sword RoguePanda's Avatar
    Oooo...interesting. When this thing gets off the ground, I'll have to join in!

Anyway, I also had a few questions. I know that you probably don't have a lot of the playable characters fleshed-out yet, but what kind of character concepts are you thinking about having? Since you said there would be about 25 playable characters, there should be a wide variety and I was curious to see what you had in mind so far.

To be honest, I was hoping you'd have a few antagonist types or something in this RP. I'd play those characters in a heartbeat. <3 I haven't gotten the chance to play as a bad guy and I've been itching to do so for a while now.

ROGUE: Ah, given the game's design, there aren't any traditional "villains." The story follows the power struggles shared among four rival factions and the police task force that aims to take out the gangs' influences. Given the story, all of the characters will either share an allegiance with one of the four gangs or be a member of the special task force. In essence, everyone is someone's opposition or obstacle.

As for something more specific... To be honest, I haven't given it a lot of thought. I have some general things I know I want to include, but nothing that defines personality. I don't want to limit people's creativity with needless description or boundaries.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.